TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 buffed-up design with chart-topping thermal performance.
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world's fastest, most efficient GPU, the all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance.
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. Now with support for up to 8K resolution, these cores deliver a massive boost in game performance and all-new AI capabilities.
- Axial-tech Fan Design has been newly tuned with a reversed central fan direction for less turbulence.
- Dual Ball Fan Bearings can last up to twice as long as sleeve bearing designs.
- Military-grade Capacitors and other TUF components enhance durability and performance.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.
The TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 has been stripped down and built back up to provide more robust power and cooling. A new all-metal shroud houses three powerful axial-tech fans that utilize durable dual ball fan bearings. Fan rotation has been optimized for reduced turbulence, and a stop mode brings all three fans to a halt at low temps. Beneath, independent heatsinks for the GPU and memory keep thermals under tight control. Additional features, including TUF components, Auto-Extreme Technology, a new GPU bracket, and a backplate vent make the TUF a proper powerhouse. For builders looking for a new "old faithful", this card has your back.
TUF Gaming cards leverage our tried-and-true Axial-tech fan design, with three fans working in tandem to satisfy the thermal demands of NVIDIA's new high-octane design. The fans rely on dual ball fan bearings to ensure consistent performance and increased longevity compared to sleeve bearings and other bearing types.
To get heat into the heatsink array efficiently, so that it can be whisked away by the powerful axial-tech fans, we use a manufacturing process that improves the surface smoothness of the heatspreader at the microscopic level. The extra flatness allows for better contact with the die for improved thermal transfer.
The heat spreader draws heat up into heatpipes that carry it through a fin stack that fills most of the card's large, 2.7-slot footprint. This generation of TUF Gaming graphics cards also feature a dedicated heatsink for VRAM to keep temperatures well under maximum operating specs.
Components are selected for TUF Gaming graphics cards based on their durability and performance. In addition to top-shelf chokes and MOSFETs, capacitors that meet military-grade certification make the TUF stand tall amongst the competition. The components are soldered to the PCB using our advanced Auto-Extreme automated manufacturing process. Smooth joints on the rear of the PCB and the elimination of human errors ensure each graphics card meets our rigorous specifications. Finally, to ensure flawless performance when it counts, the cards are subjected to a grueling 144-hour validation trial.
It's Cooler out the Back
The underside of the card reveals a host of improvements. Most of the rear is swathed in a protective metal backplate that prominently features a wide vent. The vent allows hot air to escape towards chassis exhaust fans instead of being recycled back into the GPU cooler. Beneath the GPU, a bracket provides consistent mounting pressure between the die and heat spreader. Stainless steel is used for the I/O bracket to protect ports and provide a more secure mount. A conveniently placed Dual Bios switch allows customization of the card's default performance profile without software.
The top-side RGB element can be customized with Armoury Crate and synced with other ASUS components to enable uniform lighting. To fulfill the power demands of the GeForce RTX 3090, two 8-pin power connectors are present, along with an onboard circuit that monitors PSU rail voltage. The circuit is fast enough to catch any transients that result in the rail voltage dropping too low. If that happens, a red LED will light up so you know the power supply wasn't able to keep up with the GPU's power draw.
GPU Tweak II
The ASUS GPU Tweak II utility takes graphics card tuning to the next level. It allows you to tweak critical parameters including GPU core clocks, memory frequency, and voltage settings, with the option to monitor everything in real-time through a customizable on-screen display. Advanced fan control is also included along with many more features to help you get the most out of your graphics card.